[4Alabama] you are invited

Jill Rossiter jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 30 01:56:58 UTC 2020

National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division proudly presents
 “Meet our  Federation Family” in honor  of Meet the Blind Month
Join us as we get to know our Federation family better.  Just like at any family reunion, we will hear some great stories of trials and triumphs that made the family stronger.
These events will be held on our chatline.
786-577-1020 access code: 614370

October 5, 2020 7:30 PM Eastern
Norma Crosby, National Board of Directors
In 2012, Norma was chosen to serve as the first president of the Lone Star Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Texas. Then, at the affiliate's 2014 convention, she was elected to serve as the state president. While Norma believes strongly that it is not necessary to hold an office in order to be an effective leader, she is honored to serve as both the president of the NFB of Texas and, since her election at the 2015 National Convention, as a member of the organization's national board of directors.
Norma believes in the importance of braille literacy.  In honor of her stance, Cathy Flesher will teach a braille drawing of a small pumpkin.  Be sure to bring along a braille writer or slate and stylus and braille paper!

October 12, 2020 7:30PM Eastern
Ron Brown, 2nd Vice-president
Recently Ron returned to school and earned a master's degree in educational psychology with a certification in orientation and mobility from Louisiana Tech University. He now owns a second business, teaching cane travel to blind people in the state of Indiana.
As Ron Brown has developed and matured in his personal life, his commitment to and service in the National Federation of the Blind have deepened as well. In the early years he was a chapter president and was then elected to the NFB of Indiana's board of directors. He was first elected president of the affiliate in 1996 and has been reelected every two years since. In 2001 he was elected to serve on the NFB board of directors.
Looking back, Ron Brown says, "Becoming a member of the national board is the fulfillment of a life dream. I have been an advocate for blind people for more than twenty-five years, and with every passing year my commitment to serving the blind of this nation increases. My life indeed changed the night I became blind, but with the perspective I now have, I must say that it was for the better."
After Ron speaks to us, Jill will teach us to make a cute white cane ornament.  Bring some red, white, and black pony beads and a pipe cleaner.

October 19, 2020 7:30 PM Eastern
Loraine Rovig
>From her first appointment as librarian  at the Iowa Commission for the Blind in 1975,to her retirement from the National Federation of the Blind headquarters in 2014, Loraine has never doubted the rights or abilities of the blind.  Join us as we hear from a “sighted guy” who has devoted over 40 years of her life to the Federation Family.

October 26, 2020 7:30PM Eastern
Join us as we discuss our book of the month, “ Freedom” the 30th book in the NFB Kernel book series.  Our very own Ramona Walhof who is one of the authors of the book will be with us to answer questions and share her thoughts about the Federation.  This is one you will not want to miss!

                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10