[4Alabama] Help kick off our initiative with Tactile Images

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Wed Jan 13 21:45:08 UTC 2021

 		 [1]

TELL US WHAT TACTILE IMAGES YOU’D LIKE TO EXPERIENCE

Getty Images [2], a world leader in visual communications, and the National
Federation of the Blind, America's civil rights and membership organization
of the blind, have partnered with Tactile Images to deliver more than 25
million images to the world's blind population at museums, science centers,
libraries, schools, and government agencies. This initiative will
significantly enhance educational opportunities and cultural inclusion for
blind and low-vision individuals worldwide. Read the full press release [3]
about this exciting partnership.

As a fun way to kick off this initiative, please take this very short poll
[4] that asks about celebrities, historic events, and famous landmarks that
you might like to see represented as 3D tactile images. You can choose from
the list or add your own! Your input will be used to guide the creation of
exhibitions featuring 3D tactile artworks that also incorporate audio
description, and even unique smells, to help blind people create mental
pictures of our world.

Stay tuned in the coming months for more information about exhibitions that
will be created to travel to museums around the globe so that blind people
everywhere can experience culturally iconic images in a way we never have
before!

 		 [5]
 		 [6]
 		 [7]
 		 [8]

 		 [9]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [10] | Opt Out [11] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [12]

 		 200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States
..