[4Alabama] From president Riccobono

Jennifer Reeves auburngirl2021 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:11:43 UTC 2021

Written by President Riccobono

there are so many powerful and untold stories throughout our movement. I
want to help elevate these stories because I think they are such a powerful
teaching tool about leadership and the strength of our movement. Yet even
in 2021 we recognize we need to do more to break down the gender barriers
and find opportunities to build leadership among the emerging generation of
women in our movement.

So today I would like to offer you two diverse pieces from the emerging
generation of leaders in the Federation. Check out Kenia Flores in her TED
talk, “Rising Above Low Expectations with A Disability
<https://youtu.be/RNmIRFFKRp4>*,”* and from the *Braille Monitor*, “We are
Women and Sisters Forever
<https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm21/bm2103/bm210309.htm>
*,”* by Danielle McCann.