[4Alabama] Alexa and NFB Newsline

Jennifer Reeves auburngirl2021 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 16:12:01 UTC 2021

Family,
I'm so excited to share this update with you regarding Newsline and the
Alexa device.  If you don't already have an alexa, you might consider
purchasing one - it is very helpful and user friendly.  The NFB Newsline is
chocked full of information for individuals who are blind or low-vision.
If you are not subscribed to NFB Newsline, please call, text or email
information at the bottom to be signed up.  Please continue reading!

National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you want
Spotlight: NFB-NEWSLINE on Your Favorite Amazon Device
Alexa. Echo. Computer.

Activate your Amazon device and access the National Federation of the Blind
NFB-NEWSLINE®, a free audio and Braille information service for anyone who
is blind, low-vision, deafblind, or otherwise print-disabled. Enjoy a world
of content – over 500 publications, such as the following:

National and local news like Associated Press, New York Times, Washington
Post, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune
Popular magazines like All Recipes, Sporting News, PC World, Popular
Science, Wired
Emergency weather alerts, job listings, retail ads, TV listings
NEW: Kids Reading Corner
NEW: People en Español
Hear what users are saying:

“My favorite method of accessing NFB-NEWSLINE is Alexa. I like to access
NEWSLINE this way because I do a lot of multitasking. Alexa allows me to
access NEWSLINE anytime during my workday. Some people like to turn on a
radio for background noise, and so do I. But, I also like to listen to
different publications available through NEWSLINE. I am a huge fan of
technology. I think Alexa is a fun piece of technology and a convenient way
to access the NFB-NEWSLINE service. Since it’s hands-free, I don't even
have to stop what I am doing to select a publication.” - Samuel,
NFB-NEWSLINE subscriber

If you aren’t subscribed to NFB-NEWSLINE, learn more about subscribing
today!

Alexa, Open National Federation
The NFB-NEWSLINE Amazon Alexa skill must be enabled, and subscribers must
log-in to NFB-NEWSLINE on their device on first use, but it’s then
unnecessary moving forward. Here are some more tips and guidance on how to
use:

Alexa can help you select and move through publications easily with a
variety of commands
The reading voice and speed of articles using the Alexa skill can be altered
Any article read by the Alexa skill can be sent to you via email
Check out this demonstration logging in into an Amazon device from a
previous recorded training.

Access all of the commands.

About the National Federation of the Blind NFB-NEWSLINE
The National Federation of the Blind is a transformative membership and
advocacy organization of blind people. The NFB-NEWSLINE is a free audio and
Braille service for anyone who is blind, low-vision, deafblind, or
otherwise print-disabled, which offers access to more than 500
publications, popular magazines, emergency weather alerts, job listings,
and the list keeps growing. Learn more and apply today at nfbnewsline.org.

--
Please report email address and phone number changes  to:

*andre Tyler*, *Membership Coordinator*
Alabama National Federation of the Blind
PH: 205-767-9547  or TEXT ONLY:  669-200-1632 (1NFB)
*nfbal.membership at gmail.com <nfbal.membership at gmail.com>*

*[image: image.png]*
Attachments area