[4Alabama] Partnering and Accessibility

Jennifer Reeves auburngirl2021 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 18:12:42 UTC 2021

*Partnering and Accessibility:*

We believe that accessibility is important, and we urge our national
partners to improve their accessibility, too. We should also keep this in
mind when we are partnering and looking for speakers at the local and state
level. Calling out the truth about an inaccessible web page in a private
and polite manner is appropriate. Keep in mind that if we invite
organizations to present to our members whose websites are not fully
accessible, we are not being true to our brand or our mission. Let's make
sure we tell those we work with when their websites are not accessible to
us.

*Give $20 Convention Drawing:*

Each year, thousands of Federation members and friends make donations to
fund our great programs. Your continued support is needed. When you
participate in the Give $20 campaign
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20749&qid=5147870> you will be
entered into the Give $20 convention drawing (formerly known as the Kenneth
Jernigan convention drawing) AND help our work to change lives for blind
people across the country.

How to Contribute and Qualify:

*Please note: The drawing is for individuals and is not intended for
contributions by divisions, state affiliates, or chapters.*

You must specify a fund in order to be entered into the drawing. You can do
this by using our Give $20 online donation form
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=45> or writing
in the memo if giving by check. Choose one of the following funds: Kenneth
Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund, White Cane Fund, or the tenBroek Fund. Your
donation will be counted for the drawing regardless of which fund you
designate.

·         Donate online now
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=45>.

·         Donate via phone by calling our donation line at 410-659-9314,
extension 2282.

·         Send a check to Attention: Give20, National Federation of the
Blind Jernigan Institute, 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. Be
sure to have "Give 20" and the fund you are donating to in the memo.