[4Alabama] Prospective Member Open House:

Jennifer Reeves auburngirl2021 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:19:58 UTC 2022

*Prospective Member Open House:*

The National Federation of the Blind invites blind people to an open house
for prospective members on August 31 from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m., eastern, via
Zoom. Please recommend this opportunity to those who have questions about
who we are, our philosophy, and how to join. Please email membership at nfb.org
to sign up.

*Center for Employment Opportunities: *

Please join us on Friday, September 9, at 8:00 p.m., eastern, for the next
in our *Where the Blind Work* webinar series, highlighting blind workers in
blue-collar jobs in our upcoming segment. Remember that we are always
looking for a range of blind people working in all sorts of interesting
jobs and careers. If you have suggestions, please contact Maurice Peret,
coordinator of career mentoring and employment programs, at mperet at nfb.org
or at 410-659-9314, extension 2350.

*Self-Employment Opportunities—From Getting Started to Securing the Funds:*

The National Federation of the Blind works to bridge the gaps leading to
unemployment and underemployment among the nation’s blind through our
Center for Employment Opportunities initiative. And this year, we were a
founding ambassador in the global launch of SmartJob, LLC. As part of that
partnership, we are excited to share the following August business
opportunities through Include, LLC. There are two upcoming learning tracks.
Track 1: *From Idea to Business* is a webinar series to focus on the
process of how to evaluate whether your idea is ready to become a business
and how to make it happen. Track 2: Raising Venture Capital is a one-on-one
coaching program regarding the process of fundraising. The registration and
application deadline is approaching. Learn more at
https://www.includellc.org/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.includellc.org/&source=gmail-imap&ust=1661264708000000&usg=AOvVaw2--X_JF29eqJZBgxlwThgx>.

*Mosen At Large Podcast** Episode 191 with President Riccobono:*

Hosted by Jonathan Mosen, *Mosen At Large* is the “global podcast that’s
got the blind community talking.” Listen to the *Mosen At Large* episode
that features President Riccobono where they cover many topics from
membership, advocacy, and philosophy today
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://mosen.org/episode-191-national-federation-of-the-blind-president-mark-riccobono/&source=gmail-imap&ust=1661264708000000&usg=AOvVaw0n6MJ4HpU_cfMaSKVFTb5S>
.

Barbara Manuel, President

National Federation of the Blind