[4Alabama] NFB Presidential Release on January 4, 2024 at 8:00 p.m.

Jennifer Reeves auburngirl2021 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 14:07:46 UTC 2023

Merry Christmas!!!!!

The National Federation of the Blind Presidential Release #534
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases&source=gmail-imap&ust=1703819046000000&usg=AOvVaw1-0biS7kXoJVcDpxQECJJa>
is scheduled for January 4, 2024, at 8:00 p.m., eastern. Zoom ID 943 1629
4822. Each presidential release live includes a question and answer
session. Please submit questions early to cdanielsen at nfb.org.

*News:*

*Mark Your Calendar: 2024 Washington Seminar Legislative Priorities
Training:*

Be sure to mark your calendars and distribute the information to your
affiliates regarding the first Washington Seminar training session of the
new year on Wednesday, January 3, 2024, at 8:00 p.m., eastern. This first
session will be an in-depth review of our three legislative priorities for
the 2024 Washington Seminar: the Websites and Software Applications
Accessibility Act, the Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act, and the
Blind Americans Return to Work Act. The Zoom information to log in to the
meeting is:

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/92935463825
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/92935463825&source=gmail-imap&ust=1703819046000000&usg=AOvVaw0S_D37SKwSUOzuEY00V7oT>
Meeting ID: 929 3546 3825
---
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,92935463825# US (Washington DC)
+13052241968,,92935463825# US
---

Dial by your location
• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
• +1 305 224 1968 US
• +1 309 205 3325 US
• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
• +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
• +1 646 931 3860 US
• +1 564 217 2000 US
• +1 669 444 9171 US
• +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
• +1 689 278 1000 US
• +1 719 359 4580 US
• +1 253 205 0468 US
• +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
• +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
• +1 360 209 5623 US
• +1 386 347 5053 US
• +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
• +1 507 473 4847 US

*Submit and Share Consumer Feedback Survey:*

The National Federation of the Blind is working with one of the world’s
largest consumer products companies to improve everyday shopping and
product experiences. This survey is designed to get the experience of blind
and low-vision consumers. Completing the survey will ensure your voice is
included and you will also be entered into a drawing for a chance to win
one of five $200 Amazon gift cards. Consumer Feedback Survey
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2VSPT5N&source=gmail-imap&ust=1703819046000000&usg=AOvVaw0jZ0hg3O9YnjIBK6Til8-k>

*National Federation of the Blind Washington Seminar Career Fair: *

Join us on Monday, January 29, from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m., eastern, for our
Washington Seminar in-person career fair. The National Federation of the
Blind career fairs are events for blind people seeking jobs to connect with
employers and are an opportunity for employers to seek more talent for
their teams. Registration is required by Friday, January 12, 2024.

Career Fair – Job Seeker Registration
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration&source=gmail-imap&ust=1703819046000000&usg=AOvVaw3i272r3RsjTD18JeQVi2Nq>

Career Fair – Employer Registration
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration&source=gmail-imap&ust=1703819046000000&usg=AOvVaw0U4A-apjHSOshhf2aMePbT>

To prepare job seekers, the Employment Committee will be hosting
“Maximizing Your In-person Career Fair Experience,” an online seminar
designed to provide tips and techniques for creating the most positive
experience while attending the fair. Members will automatically be
registered for the online seminar once they have registered for the career
fair. For more information on the career fair or webinar, please
contact Jennifer
Wenzel, Employment Committee chair and employer liaison, at
jenwen319 at gmail.com*,* or Rachel Kuntz, jobseeker liaison, at
rkuntz at saavi.us
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/1x9qu3194t9sc/?%26cs%3Dwh%26v%3Db%26to%3Drkuntz@saavi.us&source=gmail-imap&ust=1703819046000000&usg=AOvVaw0KM2TkmrEx51CzEcv4N9xt>
.

*Five New Publications Available on NFB-NEWSLINE®:*

NFB-NEWSLINE recently added five new publications to our lineup:

*State Newspapers:*

Illinois, *Chicago Defender* - The *Chicago Defender* is a Chicago-based
online African American newspaper. It was founded in 1905 by Robert S.
Abbott and was once considered the "most important" newspaper of its kind.

New York, *Post-Journal* - The *Post-Journal* is a daily newspaper, serving
the area around Jamestown, New York.  It is owned by Ogden Newspapers Inc.
and is billed as "southwestern New York's leading newspaper" with a
circulation of over ten thousand newspapers.

*International Newspaper:*

*Asahi Shimbun* - Founded in 1879, it is also one of the oldest newspapers
in Japan and Asia and is considered a newspaper of record for Japan.

*Breaking News Online:*

*19th news* – Our goal is to empower women and LGBTQ+ people—particularly
those from underrepresented communities—with the information, resources,
and tools they need to be equal participants in our democracy. (from the
paper’s website)

*Magazine:*

*Inc* - An American business magazine founded in 1979 and based in New York
City. The magazine publishes six issues per year, along with surrounding
online and social media content.

*Where the Blind Work Webinar: *

This January, join the National Federation of the Blind as we celebrate the
work and accomplishments of blind people with a panel discussion. This
online webinar will take place on Wednesday January 24, from 8:00–9:00
p.m., eastern, via Zoom. Unemployment and under-employment persist as among
the most stubborn factors affecting blind people’s pursuit of cultural and
economic equity in society. Below are our panel participants:

·        Tracey Hall Hennigan, Braille Technician, Maryland

·        Ronza Othman, Director, EEO Compliance, Centers for Medicare &
Medicaid Services, US Department of Health and Human Services, Maryland

·        Christopher Kuczynski, General Counsel, US Access Board,
Washington DC

Register for the Where the Blind Work Webinar
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://nfb.org/programs-services/employment/where-the-blind-work-webinars-registration&source=gmail-imap&ust=1703819046000000&usg=AOvVaw3mT7Dblcz6kXz15mcbcquB>
for Zoom details. We look forward to your participation!

*Reminders:*

*Round-Up with Lyft:*

Since this is the holiday season many of our friends and family will be
using Lyft. Please ask your friends to round up their fares to the nearest
dollar and donate their change from each Lyft ride to the National
Federation of the Blind. It is easy: Hit Menu, hit donate, and then choose
the National Federation of the Blind.