[Ag-eq] Anyone still on the list?

Fred Chambers regenerative at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 16:21:21 UTC 2009

Yep,
Some of us are still here!

I've been too busy and life has been too hectic for Simone and I to
make it to conventions.  I can't remember the last time I posted on
this list.
I think I am still the president of the Ag & Equestrian Division,
though.
I hope to make it to Detroit, and sure wish some conventions would be
held out West here!

I am starting an ornamental fish farm, with seahorses as our first
products. Their retail prices are pretty high, so it seems like a
good niche market.

Simone, my wife has been quite ill, and now needs a kidney
transplant.  Last weekend, while I was visiting a friend's farm,
Simone fell and broke her leg in the safety of our home.  She is due
to get out of the hospital tomorrow.

As far as our gardening goes, we have kitchen herbs like parsley and
rosemary, and go pick herbs from our neighbor's garden: basil,
oregano, thyme, sage, peppers, tomatoes, and I don't know what else.
It's all still growing!  We also have some ornamentals, like
plumaria, ferns, cactus, and some groundcovers.

As far as animals, we have a couple cats, a macaw, and my guide dog.

I'll post again about our meeting time at the Detroit convention.  I
heard about some super low airfare, too.

Fred Chambers