[Ag-eq] Blind Gardener Discussion List

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Sun Feb 1 05:17:39 UTC 2009

There are many people on this list who have discussed wanting to learn to
spin wool.  So read the following information and if you want to, we'd love
for you to subscribe. We do have sighted people on the list.

NFB has a new division for blind crafterscalled the. NFB Krafter's Korner.
Please note both
Krafter's and Korner are spelled with aK from our founder Joyce Kane. We
discuss all kinds of crafts, talk about accessible books and recordings and
teach
a variety of fre classes  using email and a phone conferencecalling service.
It's very cool. It's blind people teaching other blind people over the phone
. If you take the classes, you get a free recording of the class along with
the documentation so you can practice on your own. The teachers are also
available
to assist you in person. We are very dedicated and enjoy sharing our crafts.

We have already had classes in beginner knitting, beginner bead jewlery,
making hole made soap, oragami and last week we learned how to make rosaries
with
beads and wire.  We have many classes coming up that you might want to
register for. They are free to all who join the division after February 1
2009.
You can get information about where to send your dues on the list or check
out our blog at _http://krafterskorner.blogspot.com/_
(http://krafterskorner.blogspot.com/)
you can also viewarchived messages or subscribe
                    Nfb-krafters-korner mailing list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org