[Ag-eq] Blind people Farming?

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Wed Feb 4 03:51:01 UTC 2009

Well, I believe for a farm to be supportive to any degree, it either needs
to have a spicific nich such as wool, selling jams/jellies, making cheese
and things like that.  On the other hand, it may be more productive to have
a veriety of sellable produce/products that can be cycled through the entire
year.  That way, if something fails, you do not lose your whole sorce of
revenue for the year.

Personally, it is hard to find small scale farming of any kind that there is
not a sorce of steady income, full or parttime, that isn't coming from off
property or at home work.

Alpaca wool is a high priced wool production as long as you have the
outsources for the wool, however, the animals are not cheep.  You would
still have to either rotate older animals for younger animals either by
breeding or purchase.  Depending on the condition of each animal determens
the quality of the fleese.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net