[Ag-eq] Blind Gardener Discussion List

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 09:19:51 UTC 2009

I thought so.  There is a rescue society that handles both lamas and alpacas
and we have been considering lamas for guard animals.  There is another farm
near here that raises the minuture horses, sheep and a few goats.  They also
train border calies as herd dogs.  They use four large european dogs for
their pasture dogs, but to me, I don't want to worry about them getting out
and confronting other animals/people that may be in the wrong place at the
wrong time.  We know of another farm that uses two of these rescued lamas
and they work out just fine.

I'm still interested in alpacas for their wool.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net