[Ag-eq] AMEN TO THAT!

Ryan Kwaak ryan.kwaak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:59:12 UTC 2010

Hello All,
Thank you all for an active discussion on this list. If I could as
they say take my (virtual) shoes off and set a spell, I'll get right
to the point. I grew up in Chicrooko, (Chicago) the home of overrated
pizza, political corruption, and a voc. rehab system that does any
thing in its power to keep you dependent on the government dole. But I
come from a long line of Kentucky preachers who worked the land, owned
a herd of cattle, and had a healthy dose of godly values informed by
the rural spirit. The fact that I respect that heritage and the fact
that it is missing from America today has driven me to seek out
networks like this one: people who appreciate working outdoors, riding
horses, and the like and have enough gumption to see things through
despite social pressures to conform to their coddling. I've been blind
since birth and placed in a sheltered coddled bubble of
government-minded paraprofessionals who don't have the sense God gave
an ant. It's just great to see people like yourselves (or at least
those of you who have posted within the last few hours, namely Peg and
Jody) speaking passionately about your experiences in equine shows and
the philosophy of independence that underlies that. I guess I don't
have anything more substantial than that, but if anyone wants to talk
further, send a message to ryan.kwaak at gmail.com or add redneck4christ
to your Skype contacts if you have that type of communication. God
bless y'all.