[Ag-eq] Resending

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Sun Mar 14 21:41:31 UTC 2010

Hello Ryan and all,

I sent this privately but it bounced so I am sending it to the list:

Yes, it is so refreshing to talk with someone who had the same experiences.
One thing that was true when we were kids was that if we wanted to join the
scouts or go horseback riding we just joined the local group.
Now with so much political correctness there are special troops and special
programs for people with disabilities.  Blind kids are actually turned away
from mainstreamed clubs and told they can't deal with them in the
mainstreamed environment.

What a joke,  Now with the ADA and other rights blind kids have a harder
time then they did when we were kids!

I don't want a therapeudic riding center with a sidewalker and someone
leading the horse.  I want to barrel race for heavens sake.

When doing the martial arts I am out there with everyone else.  I don't want
a segregated class with only blind players who actually wear a patch on
their shoulder with the level of their vision as B1, B2 etc.  I would rather
fight and loose then be coddled.

I have always been a maverick, heck, when I was born three months early my
parents were told I wouldn't survive.  My reaction then was 'oh yeah, I'll
prove you wrong' and I have been saying that ever since.

It is more difficult to be a maverick but I truly feel sorry for the passive
blind person who has never questioned their situation.

As we said when I lived in New Hampshire "Live Free or Die".

Happy trails,

JODY

Barrel racers know how to take turns.......

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    - Roger Caras

_____________________________________

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear the
government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is
liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be
the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under
omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes
sleep,his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us
for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the
approval of their own conscience."~  C. S. LEWIS