[Ag-eq] anyone out there

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Sun May 2 20:12:59 UTC 2010

    Susan:

Thanks for the information.

Your chicken coop sounds like what I had in mind.  I would want the top
covered since we have hawks, coyotes and dogs in the area.  I remember my
Grandfather having boxes for them to lay the eggs in, do you do this?

Do they lay eggs everyday?

When do they start laying and how long will they continue?

One of the local farm supply stores often sells chicks, so I think I'll ask
them if they know what breeds do well in our heat.

I love the idea of getting my own eggs.  I pay about 3 times the cost to buy
organic range fed eggs at the grocery store.

Do you think there's a taste difference in the brown and white eggs?