[Ag-eq] anyone out there

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Sun May 2 21:13:26 UTC 2010

Michelle:

Several years ago while living in Arkansas I volunteered for a small no-
kill animal shelter.  I volunteered at the facility, but also fostered dogs
in my home.  Over the years I've fostered 53 different dogs.  I had some of
them for just a few days and others for over a year.  A few of them never
left and just became mine.  I currently have 4 dogs 2 of which started out
as fosters and the other 2 were adopted from shelters.

I also have 4 cats 2 of which are fosters, but looks as if they may be here
to stay!  Even my goats came from a farm animal rescue!

After I had volunteered at the shelter for a while the director saw that I
could do most everything,so felt comfortable letting me foster the dogs.  I
am especially good with the shy dogs.  I make an effort to socialize them by
going to obedience classes and taking them to as many places as possible.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.  Good luck.