[Ag-eq] my packing trip

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Sat May 8 21:34:39 UTC 2010

Jody:

Mike cooked lots of things while we were there.  On Friday night he cooked
steaks for him and the other guys; I'm a vegetarian, so didn't eat those!
He also roasted different vegetables by wrapping them in foil and putting
them in the coals.  We roasted sweet potatoes this way too.  They were very
good.  For dessert he made apple crisp in the Dutch oven.  Actually I cut up
all the apples and made it, he just did the baking part.

Saturday he made spaghetti with zucchini in the sauce and it was very good.
Then for dessert he made peach cobbler in the Dutch oven

To high line a horse you tie a rope usually between 2 trees, you want it to
be pretty high, maybe 6 feet or so.  Then you tie the horses lead rope to
it.  You can tie more than 1 horse to the highline depending on it's length.
When you tie the horse you give them enough room to take a step forward,
back and lower their heads.  You don't want it long enough so that they can
get a foot over it and get tangled.

We practiced hobbling and using the highline before going to make sure they
were o.k. with it.  Mike's horse and all the mules didn't seem to care.
Mike's horse, Ace did break his bobbles one time, but was easy to catch.