[Ag-eq] hello everyone

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Nov 29 16:19:38 UTC 2010

Hi Nella,

Thanks for your thoughts.  We're just two old tuff nuts, goofy every now and
then, but we're still propping each other up.  I've got to work on him a bit
more this afternoon because he's got to go into work tonight for 12 hours
and the same Tuesday night before he is off for the next four days.

Our chickens are still clucking along nicely, but November and December
around here are their major multing season so out of 40 hens, we are lucky
to get 3 eggs a day.  Like clock work, they will start picking back up in
January.  I am still hoping to get 25 Rhoad island Red hens this spring,
about 4 weeks old, and put them in my main coop #1 and put my oldest flock,
8 hens and 1 rooster in a chicken tractor, this spring.

The weather here in Virginia is ranging from 60's to mid 20's, some rain,
some wind, but no ice or snow, ...yet!

A nice bright note, we finally got our bran spanking new John Dear tractor,
2 and a half months late, but it is here on the farm.  Now we just have
enough time to scrape, fill in several washed places along with one huge pot
hole/lake before the bad winter sets in.  Last january, one of the snow
storms was so bad for us in this area, that you could not get up to the
house unless you had 4-wheel drive for about 5 days.  Now at the same time,
Matt was in Seattle helping his brother get their dad settled in a nursing
home and was not here to help me with the outsie animals.  I needed nothing
from the "outside world", so I told everyone do not attempt to come over
here because if you get stuck, I can't reach you and you will be on your
own.  Did they listen, oh no my sister didn't and got stuck in the pot hole
from hell and had to wait 5 days before Matt and his buddies could get her
unstuck.  I had the outside animals taken care of by myself, it just took me
a couple of hours and several trips making my way through a few drifts that
were higher than my boots.  Of course, when you're only 5 feet 1 inch, the
drifts don't have to be very high!  LOL

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net