[Ag-eq] hello everyone

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Fri Dec 3 23:10:47 UTC 2010

The list isn't dead at all and niether are we. The market season is winding
down for me. It will all be over on dec 18. David and I are getting ready
for the first winter storm of the year hereTomorrow is the Christmas In the
Villege in mcFarland  which is where the indoor farmers market is. I hope
they'll clean me out of inventory, but it's hard to say with the snow not
expecting to end unntil the afternoon. This year we tried something new to
bring in customers. We started serveing breakfast using mostly products from
our vendors. We hired a local vendor's wife who does some catering to cook
it on site, and I'm sorry to say that so far the hole thing turned into a
disaster for lack of customer participation. another reason was because we
should have gotten more information about the caterers before useing them
because they didn't create enough of a spread of foods to get customers to
spend $8.50 for a meal. she was an inexperienced caterer She called last
week and said that she won't be returning  because it wasn't worth the 120
mile drive, but in my opinion, she would have brought more money in  if she
had  done some things differently. So, now that she bailed,  One of our
amish bakers  volunteered to step in and offer breakfast sandwiches  and
there is nothing better than amish baked goods and pastries. I'm glad about
this because they are going to charge a  lot less. There was no breakfast at
the last market, and as luck will have it, many people came in wanting
breakfast and it is all over the media so we'll have to see how it goes.