[Ag-eq] Equine Therapy

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Feb 3 22:49:37 UTC 2011

Here's some things I forgot.

When I first took lessons I didn't have my own animals.  So had to find
instructors with good lesson horses.  I did learn some basics from the
theraputic riding place and a lot about safety.  I do think that this knowledge
made the other instructors more comfortable.

After purchasing my own animals I had the private instructors come to me for
lessons.  These lessons really helped me become more comfortable and confident
with my mules.  By the time I started attending group lessons and clinics I was
able to demonstrate that I was able to control my animals in most situations.  I
really think this helped the instructors accept me.  They realized that I wasn't
a safety hazard!

Nella