[Ag-eq] Worms, gardening and looms

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 03:09:31 UTC 2012

Hi all, I was told to start out small twice today. I have to agree with that advice. Just to let you all know, the small back yard bin that I have at work doesn't produce much castings. I think that starting out a bit bigger will help you produce castings for your garden. I don't know much about worms in Arizona. I do know that worm farmers have to place their worm bins under ground. I live in Oregon which is a lot different than Arizona. Since I live in Oregon, I am mostly doing my research in Oregon. I'm sure that Google will help you out with your Arizona worm questions better than I can. I wish I could have helped you ladies and gentel men in Arizona better! worms break down decomposing plant metereals and turns it into very good worm castings. The good worm castings helps plants grow. Worm castings also make up part of regular organic dirt. Yes, you can explore the different ways to build worm bins and that way, you will discover the right place for your worms that also work best for you.
     I only have a small balcomy which is on the third floor of my apartment building so I don't have a lot of plants. I do have a few mint plants, bambue and some bazel all in pots. They are also all organically born and organically grown. Most of the plants that I have worked with over the last year are located at Sunnyside Organics.
     The kind of loom that I use is a home made wooden loom with nails on two sides and mettel sign posts on the other two sides. I use strips to weave my strips that I use for my rag rugs around the base strips if you will. I have to soe the ends of the strips together because nots don't work for rag rug usige. Making rag rugs is cheap if you use recycled metereals that you can get donated to you. I hope that this was helpful!
Kendra Schaber
P.S.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!