[Ag-eq] baby goats

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed Apr 4 20:42:10 UTC 2012

Hi, I just wanted to tell every one about my baby goats.  I think I mentioned in
an earlier post that one of my doe goats was due in mid March.  Well they
arrived right on time; they were born March 11.  She had healthy twin girls!

The kids are Nubians, so they have long hound dog ears.  I just can't get over
how cute and fun they are.  They are very curious and into everything.  They
act a lot like puppies, they run, jump, play and even chew on things.  They
have just started nibbling on the hay and grain.

They are growing like weeds; they're probably twice their birth size.  They're
using most of the milk, we are getting very little for our use.  She's
producing a lot, so once I wean the kids there will be plenty.  I've gotten
enough milk to make some cheese and ice cream.  Once I wean the kids I will
make a lot more cheese.

If any of you have goat questions please ask, I will answer to the best of my
ability.

Nella