[Ag-eq] baby goats

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Apr 5 17:45:14 UTC 2012

Susan:

the Toggenbergs are very nice goats; I have 2 my old nanny and her son.
Jellybean is very old now and not in good health.  I don't think she will be
with us much longer, but she has had a good long life.  Her son is 8 and doing
very well.

I will start weaning the kids at 6 to 7 weeks.  I know there will be lots of
crying.  They are just starting to eat hay and goat feed.  I can't believe how
fast they are growing.  I think they will get bigger than Lollipop, who is
their mother.  The buck that I bred her to was quite large.

I'll let you know about the weaning process.

Nella