[Ag-eq] Insurance

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Oct 29 09:28:52 UTC 2012

The insurance for GS's is high because they are on the vicious breed list
with other dogs such as pit bulls, dovermens, rotwilders and a few others.
Statistically they are the most common breeds verified for the majority of
dog/human bites and dog/human fatalities.  It makes it tuff to own such dogs
even if they have never shown any signs of agression in their life.  Dog
guide schools started using other breeds because the shepherd dogs appeared
to be more agressive looking.  They have not stopped using them by any means
because they are an excellant dog guide.  It is harder to find the smaller
shepherds and I know that is why they went to the smaller golden retreavers.
My dog guide came from Seeing Eye and she was a golden retreaver named
Posie.  She was only 55 pounds.  I am only 5 feet 1 inch tall and I could
never have fit a shepherd.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net