[Ag-eq] Chicken Lady

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Wed Mar 6 01:33:38 UTC 2013

Oh Susan,

I am sitting here crying for poor Dover.  All he went through and his strong
will to return home and be safe with you.  How horrible to have him in such
a horrible trap and not be able to get it off!  I am so glad he will be OK
and I sure hope you find who set the trap.

We only have 5 acres but I never let our dogs run free because the lot was
abandoned for four years and it is tall grass and who knows what is out
there.  The pond is stagnant and could have poisonous snakes and even a
small gator in it.

We have a 50 foot by 75 foot fenced area that we call the puppy yard where
Walker can run and play all he wants.  We walk the property on leash and he
can explore under supervision.  I think once the lot is clear and we know
what is out there he will be free to run but for now he is safe in his puppy
yeard.

Walker is my owner trained white shepherd guide dog.  My previous guide dog
Orsa had to be put to sleep the day after Christmas.  My mom died on Dec. 16
so we had a very sad month.  We hardly noticed Christmas this year.

Oh, the white chicken lays white eggs and the gold chicken lays light brown
eggs.  The black and white one and the black one haven't started laying yet.

I hope Dover is feeling better soon.

JODY