[Ag-eq] Chicken Lady

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Wed Mar 6 03:49:29 UTC 2013

Thanks Jody,

I really hope that trap wasn't on our property.  We do have a few groundhogs
and they are really becomeing a big pest, but we'd never allow someone to
put traps out for them because of what just happened.  If we had too, I'd
just get someone to shoot them.  We are very restrictive about who hunts the
property because I want to know who is here and when.  We have two
individuals who hunt here, a neighbor with his daughter and another neighbor
with his two sons.  They all mostly bow hunt, with a bit of shot gun later
in the season.  They all call me before they come over and tell me where
they are parked and if they have shot anything.  I have several nice pieces
of deer meat in my freezer and I am glad for it.

What really has me concerned about the trap is that Dover would have never
messed with something like that unless it was baited with food he'd be
interested in.  I don't think he would have stuck his head in an animal den
or even in a culvert without food being involved.  The whole thing just
creeps me out.  Could someone have done this intending on catching one of my
dogs?  We also have a farrel cat population and what if they were the
intended target just to be nasty?

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net