[Ag-eq] Goats

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Tue Mar 12 19:50:14 UTC 2013

Well, people keep the gilded goats and use them for clearing brush, pulling
small carts or companion animals for larger animals like horses and such.
We took Homer in as a starter goat.  I know that sounds odd, but we had
never had anything to do with goats and since we wanted 1 or 2 for milking,
there is a lot more detailed work involved with breeding, birthing, raising
the babies and milking.  We weren't even sure about the basics and I didn't
want us to jump in with both feet and sink up to our who haws and not know
what we were doing.  Who knew, once we got a goat, we might not even like
fooling with it.  A guilded goat is just your basic goat.  Nothing fancy,
nothing time consumeing, just basiccare and feeding.  Now we know we like
goats and it is easy to get them on a routine and fitted into your everyday
schedules.

So...we are now looking for a young female and we'll go from there.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net