[Ag-eq] new chicks

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Tue Mar 19 18:17:05 UTC 2013

Jody:

I've been handling the chicks; I can't believe how fast they grow.  I have 5
adult hens and they are all pretty gentle.  They usually let me pet them, pick
them up and they will always eat from my hand.

It sounds as if you have been very busy getting set up for the horses.  I've
discovered that nothing is ever very easy when it comes to horses.  However, I
think they're worth it.

Have you thought of names yet?

I had a great lesson on Cruiser Sunday.  We did a 3 hour group lesson with the
woman who trained him. Both Cruiser and I were tired by the end.

She had me really focus on just riding with my legs, so I dropped the reins part
of the time and just used my legs.  Most of the time he did what I wanted, but a
couple times I had to ad the reins.  We did a lot of smooth turns.  She had us
snaking and circling all over the areana.  We also practiced his gaite
transitions.  Every time I ride Cruiser, I love him more.

I hope you will let us know when your horses arrive.

  Nella