[Ag-eq] FW: Home

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Sun Mar 24 05:47:19 UTC 2013

Happy birthday Jody; it sounds like you had a good one!

I think you're on the right track with the palamino.  He will learn to trust you
with some time.  Food and scratching are always good rewards and ending on a
good note is very important.  The woman who trained Cruiser says that most of
us humans get in a hurry and want to much, to quickly from the horse.  She says
taking the basic training slow and easy will pay off in the long run.

I wondered how the electric fence was going to work for you.  I have one around
the bottom of the dog yard; one of the dogs likes to dig out.  I can feel it
with my cane, so haven't bumped into it.  I have to step across it when going
through one of the gates, so am very careful.  The only time I got shocked is
the time I thought I turned it off, but hadn't!

I'm glad to hear that you didn't become gator bate!

Years ago I went with my family to the gulf coast and while there we toured a
swamp area.  There was a built up board walk to stay on that was several feet
above the ground and water.  There were lots of gators and we were told to keep
all dogs on leashes.  My guide dog and I got ahead of everyone else and then I
heard one of the gators roar or what ever you call it.  I knew he was down
below, but decided to go back and join the group.  When we got back to the
roaring gator my Dad said there were 2 of them that looked to be over 12 feet
long.  He thought maybe they were having some kind of man discussion.  Maybe
they were just discussing how tourist taste like chicken!

I bought more plants today and plan on setting them out tomorrow.  I got 2 kinds
of peppers, some egg plant, 2 kinds of basel and some sage.  My squash plants
are just coming up and the tomatos are looking good.  The lettuce is going
crazy and we are eating salad almost everyday.

I found out that the nursery near my house offers free classes, so I plan on
attending some.  The next one is on raised bed gardening, which is what I do,
so hopefully I will learn more.  They also have a class on growing fruit trees
in the desert.

The chicks are 3 weeks old today and growing like weeds.  They should be, I
can't believe how much they eat for their size.

Hug the ponies and take care.

Nella