[Ag-eq] FW: Home

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Tue Mar 26 16:00:13 UTC 2013

Tracy:

Can you please tell us more about how you compost?

I compost the horse, chicken and goat poop.  I just pile it up and stir it
around once or twice a week.  I also water it down a couple times a week, since
it's so dry here.  I let it compost for several months before putting it in the
garden.  If I don't let it compost long enough Bermuda grass will grow in my
planters.  The horse body doesn't break down all the seeds in the hay, but
when everything composts long enough it will break down.

Should I be doing something different?

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing.

Nella