[Ag-eq] String trimmers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Apr 3 12:20:21 UTC 2013

Anyone know if it's possible for a blind person to use a string trimmer
safely?  Now, I clip around the edges of my garden with a hand-clipper, but
the garden keeps getting bigger, and I have more trouble getting up and down
on the ground than I used to.  I hate how noisy string trimmers are, but the
electric ones aren't too bad, noise-wise.  I just wonder if I could use one
without either cutting my fingers trying to keep it where I want, or
accidentally chopping down some of my garden.