[Ag-eq] separation anxiety was ~Re: sheep and dogs

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed Apr 17 03:27:04 UTC 2013

Jody:

The trainer said that too.  She says to have Monty work for everything.  I have
him sit before going through doors, so I can go first.  He also has to sit
before he gets food and pets.

I've never made a big deal about leaving and returning, so the trainer says to
change my routine, not to do the same things each time before I leave.  This
way Monty will have a harder time realizing that I'm getting ready to leave.

Monty is just more stubborn and less sensetive than the other shepherds that
I've owned.  So I have to be more firm and let him know who's in charge around
here.

Nella