[Ag-eq] test

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Wed Apr 17 19:17:40 UTC 2013

Nella,

I don't have anything in the ground yet.  We decided not to do the early
garden because we have had too many late snows, frost and infrequent rain so
far.  Although, Matt has already trimmed up the grapes in February and we
are seeing real good early budding.  He will probably get fertalizer on them
this weekend.  Matt has 5 thornless blackberries that he is going to get in
the ground and between now and May 10th, he will hopefully get some seeds in
the ground as well.  We can't put out plants until after May 10th due to
frost, but that can still be a gamble.

There is a flower I have planted for the past two years that I just can't
get enough of them.  They are called Spanish Fans and their blooms look like
colorful fans spred open.  They are in bright colors and do extremely well
with our high humid heat.  The local family here that is now in their third
generation of owner/workers usually has these flowers.  Last week, Matt
called to see if they had certain plants and he asked about my Spanish Fans.
Jimmy told him he didn't think they had them this year until his daughter
who is about 18, piped up and told him that she knew I wanted them, so she
made sure she planted extra for me.  Yay!  I am going to plant them this
year in two half whisky barrels on either side of my bench swing.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net