[Ag-eq] Michelle's horses was Re: Jody's horses

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Apr 18 22:40:31 UTC 2013

Jody:

I don't really have any idea; I still haven't been trained to neck rein!

I always direct rein, so I can really feel what my horses head is doing.  I know
people use direct reining before they train to neck rein.  Perhaps if your horse
is really sensitive to leg pressure, you could use your leg as you neck rein.
Probably the horse would get it over time.  I'm really working on using my body
more and the reins less.

I'm sure there some books or dvds out there; I've just never looked for them.
When I started riding I took English lessons and some of the basics have just
stuck with me.  Do you know any experienced western riders to ask?

     Good luck.

Nella