[Ag-eq] Chives

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Fri Apr 19 10:02:26 UTC 2013

Tracy,

You can do one of two things with your chives.  Either dry them or freeze
them.  A good way to freeze them is to chop or cut them into 1/2 inch pieces
and put them into ice cube trays and then fill them the rest of the way with
water and freeze.  Once they are good and frozen, I'd give them a week, take
them out of the tray and either put them in a container or freezer bag back
in your freezer.  If you want them for soup or to cook with other
vegetables, just pull out a cube and toss it in your cooking pot.  If you
want them in a salad, take one cube and sit it on a paper towel in a small
bowl and let thaw.  The paper towl will soak up the water and you can then
put your chives on your salad.

You can also do this with other herbs and even mix herbs that you like to
use cooking together.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net