[Ag-eq] Hunt the Parcel

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed May 1 05:31:41 UTC 2013

I had an appointment at the hospital on Monday afternoon to have my ears suctioned as a lot of wax
had accumulated therein, and while I was there, I would have some blood taken as I wanted to know to
what blood group I belonged.
The taxi driver escorted me to the reception desk, whence I was taken to the Health and Safety
clinic where the job was done on my ears.
The nurse took me back to the front desk whence I was conducted to the blood lab where I was drained
of a drop or 2 of the red stuff of life, or is that bread?
I then went back to the front desk where I asked that the taxi be called, and while waiting for it,
I was taken to the seats near the front door so that the driver could come in and collect me easily.
The time went on and I waited, and I waited and went on waiting.
Just as I was on the point of trying to make my way back to the desk to ask them to ring up and find
out how much longer the taxi would be, the receptionist saw that I was still there.
When she rang base, she was told that the taxi should be in the carpark, and, sure enough, when she
looked, there it was, so she collected me and took me out to the cab, only to find that it was
deserted.
Just as she had made this discovery, the missing driver came panting up behind us.
The events went thus:
He had arrived and gone up to the front desk, having not seen me waiting for him near the door.
The receptionist he spoke to, obviously, was not aware of my movements after my initial arrival, so
he was told that I had gone down to Health and Safety, so having been pointed in the right
direction, off he goes, only to arrive there and then be told that" yes, she was here, but had gone
back to the blood lab.
Next stop:  blood lab!  Yes, she was here, but had gone back to the front desk.
Back to point A.  Yes, she was here , but you have just missed her!
You know the rest.
It was very very funny! Made the 62$ I had had to shell out almost worth it!