[Ag-eq] horse deworming

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu May 2 05:27:35 UTC 2013

      cJewel    I did not read the article, but animals have evolved to live with worms, and, there
is no doubt
that worms do do a bit of housekeeping in that  they clean up some of the rubbish that collects in
the animal's gut.
However, if the animal is debilitated by illness etc, the worm population can build up to a
dangerous number, but a well-fed, healthy  animal can cope with worms very nicely, and,
over-frequent worming can do more harm than no worming at all, but, I repeat, that is in  the case
of a healthy animal.
Do wild horses get wormed?  rhetorical question!