[Ag-eq] Beeautiful fruits and veggies

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jun 21 13:18:56 UTC 2013

Hi Danielle.
Some fruits and veggies are as beautiful as flowers.  My small peach tree is
very lovely.  In the spring, it's covered with flowers, then it puts out
long, graceful leaves, and has lots of small peaches.
Blueberries are also very ornamental, with flowers, fruit, and reddish
winter twigs.  Then there are eggplant, and some very interesting beans.
And, to me, corn looks a lot like ornamental millet.  I also read that some
people plant rhubarb in the flowerbed, because of its large leaves and red
stems.
So veggies can be ornamental, too, though I also plant lots of flowers.
Right now, the roses and lilies are coming into bloom, and the mockorange is
just finishing up.  Very nice.