[Ag-eq] off topic question

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Mon Jul 29 18:12:29 UTC 2013

Michelle:

We'll have to talk; I'm a vegetarian.  I still use eggs and milk, but mostly my
own farm fresh eggs and fresh goat milk.

What do you BBQ?

I've noticed that a lot of the rehab teachers here teach the clients how to use
electric skillets, crock pots and george Forman Grills.  They think they are
safer than using the stove.  It seems very limiting to me.  I use my crock pot
and George Forman, but in addition to my stove.  I've never used an electric
skillet and really don't understand the advantages.  I also have a rice steamer
that I love.

I think you're right about people not wanting to touch the food.  I'm constantly
washing my hands, because I'm constantly checking out my food by touch!  I teach
baking work shops a few times a year at the center and the clients are so timid
about really getting their hands in the doughs and batters.

I don't teach cooking meat, since I really don't know how.  I always tell the
staff and clients that I might make someone sick since I don't know the
appropriate temps and such.

When I moved into my house it had a glass top stove, so I learned to use it.
Now I'm so used to it I don't know why it made me nervous at first.  We also
have one in the training kitchen at work and most of the clients don't have to
much trouble with it.

You can email me at nfoster at extremezone.com

Thanks.

Nella