[Ag-eq] Preserving

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Sep 5 15:16:43 UTC 2013

I just found a book on Bookshare called Preserving, which explains how to
preserve a whole lot of foods, divided up by season.  I am going to have to
study it carefully.

I've been reading recipes for pickling and fermenting, particularly making
my own sauerkraut.  It sounds good, and easy.  Has anyone had experience
with home pickling?
How about canning?  I know Susan talked about dry canning, which sounded
easy, but other kinds sound complicated.  My husband and I are always afraid
something will go wrong, and we'll die of terminal food poisoning.