[Ag-eq] A fate worse than death: was: Re: Sauerkraut

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sat Sep 7 01:22:09 UTC 2013

I don't know if our neighbour was making sauerkraut, but I remember the, absolutely, dreadful smell
when they had packed cabbage into milk cans and left it to its own devices.  If I had been starving
to death and I had been offered that cabbage stuff which would have saved me from death, I would
have chosen death because the very smell of that fermenting cabbage represented a  fate worse than
...!

      Jewel

from our neighbour's place when