[Ag-eq] Ice storm

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 5 12:37:01 UTC 2014

We're having a big ice storm today.  Lots of wet, heavy snow, with sleet and
freezing rain on top.  Yuk.  I'm working from home today, as are many of my
colleagues.
My little greenhouse tent has collapsed.  My husband was trying to keep it
cleaned off during the night, but the storm dumped a lot in a short time,
and one of the main greenhouse poles broke.  When the storm is over, I'll
paw around the basement and see if I have an extra pole to fix it, but I
kinda think not.  Luckily, I guess, most of what was inside was knocked out
by the really cold weather we've been having.
This is like the third storm in a week.  Blah.
My husband is convinced the power is going to go out, so he's got the heat
cranked to the max, so the house will stay warm for a while after the
furnace goes out.  I'm hoping he's wrong and the power stays on, but this is
just the kind of storm to do it.