[Ag-eq] My poor greenhouse

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Feb 13 03:29:18 UTC 2014

We don't get the extremes of temperature that you do in the States.
The closest to them and that is not that close is in Central Otago.  The village of Ofir is reputed
to have the lowest winter temperatures.  Its record, I believe, is 21 degrees  of frost, and that,
again I believe was in the days of Fahrenheit when 21 degrees of frost still was a balmy 11 dgF.
I have heard that 49 of the 50 states, Arizona, being the exception, is experiencing the coldest
winter for decades.