[Ag-eq] My poor greenhouse

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sat Feb 15 13:39:12 UTC 2014

Tracy,

I think a lot of us will be doing a bit more spring cleaning outside than
normal.  We have no structual damage around here in central Virginia that we
have noticed, but there are a lot of limbs down and areas we can't get
through due to heavy brambles that have only been made worse with snow and
ice thrown in for good measure.  I know for a fact that we will be buying
new blades for the bush hog and the larger lawn tractor.  Also we are going
to get brush and weed killer by the gallons and there is going to be a whole
lot of spraying going on.  LOL

My goal this year is to be outside as much as possible.  There are out
buildings that need to be revamped and sorted, flower beds that have to be
emptied, chopped up and room made for the ever multiplying lillies, my
husband's hops vines that need to be cut back, a trellace added to my garage
wall so the climbing vines go on it and not on the garage like an octopus
trying to eat it and the muscadine grape vines are ready to be pruned,
retied and preparations made for another 6 vines.  Where is the warmer
weather when we need it!  I hope we get a decent spring before summer jumps
right up.  My sister and I are going to have some raised beds this year of
our own and Matt will have the two larger areas.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net