[Ag-eq] Farm Bureau and Young Farmers

Zach Mason zmason.northwindsfarm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 16:44:32 UTC 2014

FYI, FFA = Future Farmers of America, and the 4 H's refer to head, heart,
hands and health. They are both youth programs. FFA is strictly for training
the future leaders in agriculture while 4-H comprises just about any project
you can think of including agriculture. In the northeast at least, FFA is
pretty weak compared to 4-H's agricultural programs.

A lot of times when you go to county fairs, about 50-75% of the animals
exhibited are shown by a 4-H or FFA member.

Zac