[Ag-eq] What's up? doc! orRabbits 101

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed Feb 26 04:23:36 UTC 2014

As you know, or, I think that you do:  I got a second rabbit Monday of last week.  The idea was that
he would be company for Peter Rabbit, but, I get the feeling that Peter would have been quite happy
on his own.
I was assured that Bugzee was friendly, and would be a breeze to catch.
I will concede that he is friendly, but a breeze to catch!  to date, when I prepare to put them both
out on the grass for the day, Peter comes up and just hunkers down at my feet, but as for the other
little toad, the only breeze is that which he creates as he whizzes around the rabbitry as I try to
lay hands on him!

This morning, having put Peter out, it was the same old game of:  "Catch me if you can!", till,
finally, I told him that it was no skin off my nose if he went hungry, so I picked  up the pellets
and put them out of Bugzee's reach,  thus showing him  that, if he wanted to play silly buggers, he
could, but he would have to pay a price for the privelege.
Eventually, hoping that he had seen the error of his ways and was weak from lack of sustenance, I
returned, but he had learned nothing and continued to elude me.
At one pass, he noticed a rabbit-sized gap at the end of the door, and out to the wide blue yonder
he dashed.
By this stage, I, really, was not too bothered about the very distinct probability of him being
Guideon's next meal if he should turn right  and enter the backyard, but I could still hear his
collar bell, so I kinda hope that he had not entered Guideon's domain, and so it proved!  I put my
hand down, and there he was, hunkered down at my feet, just like Peter!
Of course, I forgave him at once, and assured him that Guideon's next meal, I, really, did not want
him to be, but added the rider that my well of patience was not bottomless!