[Ag-eq] Explanation of laminitis

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Fri Apr 25 15:22:51 UTC 2014

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot that can be done for laminitis.
Vets use anti innflamatories, limited exercise, hoof soaks and massage to help
circulation.  The condition is very painful for the horse.  It seems that once
a horse has laminitis it is more likely to get it again.  The condition can
also be helped with a proper diet.

My first horse got laminitis and it was a constant battle to keep her sound and
comfortable.  She made it to age 29 before her hooves just gave out.

Nella