[Ag-eq] Resources

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 02:14:30 UTC 2014

Thanks Zack!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ag-eq [mailto:ag-eq-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Zach Mason via
Ag-eq
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:35 AM
To: 'Agricultural and Equestrean Division List'
Subject: [Ag-eq] Resources

I wanted to make people aware of some resources I've been gathering specific
to working in agriculture with a disability. I've also added a couple
inspirational stories. Feel free to contribute to the list.

.        AgrAbility's The Toolbox: Assistive Technology Database: A place to
find adaptive technique and technology for working in agriculture with a
disability. http://www.agrability.org/Toolbox/index.cfm

.        Web profile for Donald L McLellan, Agricultural Research Service,
Outreach, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity Director.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/pandp/people/people.htm?personid=40766
<http://www.ars.usda.gov/pandp/people/people.htm?personid=40766&pf=1> &pf=1

.        USDA Disability Employment Program.
https://www.fsa.usda.gov/FSA/hrdapp?area=careers
<https://www.fsa.usda.gov/FSA/hrdapp?area=careers&subject=landing&topic=dep>
&subject=landing&topic=dep

.        Tata Group. A vocational outreach project to rehabilitate blind
individuals from third and second world countries in farming.
http://www.ehlphotos.com/blindness.php

.        A story about the start of Insightful Connections, formerly Aggie
Association of Blind Students at Texas A and M.
http://studentaffairs.tamu.edu/dont-tell-me-i-cant

.        Dan Sisler wins top honor from Helen Keller International | Cornell
Chronicle
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2007/05/dan-sisler-wins-top-honor-helen-
keller-international

.        Big Attitude, Better Life: How One Blind Farmer Dominated Diabetes.
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/vod/vod214/vodfall0601.htm

Zachary Mason

Assistant Shepherd and Young Stock Manager

Northwinds Farm

(603) 922-8377 Work

(603) 991-6747 Cell

 <mailto:zmason at northwindsfarm@gmail.com> zmason at northwindsfarm@gmail.com