[Ag-eq] Flowers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Apr 2 18:08:02 UTC 2015

Nella, I'd love to come and work in your yard!  Lots more fun than sitting
at my desk.

My husband usually mows the yard, but, when I do, I think of it like
vacuuming the house.  I go back and forth, just like when I vacuum.  We have
a battery mower, so I don't have to worry about a cord, and it turns off as
soon as I stop pressing the extra handle that makes it start.
When I think I've finished, I walk around and see if any tall patches brush
my ankles, and run the mower over them.

But won't your goats mow your yard for you?

I've made an experiment with part of my yard, planting grasses and herbs
that aren't supposed to get tall.  The jury's still out on whether or not
it's successful.  There's a lot of crabgrass, and we did mow it some, but
only 2 or 3 times the whole summer, which is pretty good.

Nella, I was thinking about your desire for honeysuckle.  If someone you
know has one that you like, you could probably take a bit of it.  I think
they root very easily.