[Ag-eq] fruit trees and more

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Sun Apr 12 01:54:19 UTC 2015

Tracy:

I didn't realize you would get raspberries both in the spring and the fall.  I
don't like them well enough to want to plant them; I also don't want to deal
with the thorns.  I said I wasn't going to have any more stickery plants after
living in the desert, then I went and planted roses.

My friend came over and helped me figure out where to put the fruit trees.  We
had to move them a little and make a row of 4 trees to avoid the cable wires.
So now I have a row with the 2 peaches and pears and another row with just 1
appple tree.  I hope to ad another apple or 2 and maybe a plum.
Nella
I'm going to look for another cherry tree to plant by the one that was already
here.  I think they do better if you have more than one since they can cross
pollonate.

It was a busy day and I got a lot done.  I got the rest of the vegetables
planted and one of the stalls in the barn raked out.  My barn is finally
completely dry.  Working in the barn is always fun; I can hardly move for all
the goats hanging around.  They like to be in the middle of everything.  As
soon as I sit down a rake or shovel they are checking it out.  They will also
chew on my clothes and my hair when I bend over.  There's never a dull moment
when they're around.

I got the cheese started, so it will be ready to hang and drain in the morning.

What is everyone else up to.

Jewel are you out there; you've been very quiet lately.