[Ag-eq] Greens

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Apr 20 12:53:24 UTC 2015

I've been growing mustard for several years now.  It's very easy; in fact,
it often sows itself.  It adds an amazing, sweet, mustardy zing to salad
greens.

I tried cooking some of the greens when they got big, but they didn't have
any of the zing of the fresh leaves.  I know Southerners cook mustard and
turnip greens.  Is there some trick to it, or maybe they don't care if the
result is a bit bland?  I also hear Southerners tend to boil greens to
death. Can mustard greens be cooked and still have good flavor?